Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
please id ad date oriental set of eggshell cups w/ saucers
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Bakersgma, post: 420529, member: 59"]As I understand it, "Import" and sometimes "Foreign" were marks used when items were made in recently "enemy countries" for sale in England following WWI. The buying public in England did not want to support commerce with the countries with whom there was such bad blood during the War. The same may also have happened following WWII. If I had to guess, I'd think these were made in Japan rather than Germany, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Bakersgma, post: 420529, member: 59"]As I understand it, "Import" and sometimes "Foreign" were marks used when items were made in recently "enemy countries" for sale in England following WWI. The buying public in England did not want to support commerce with the countries with whom there was such bad blood during the War. The same may also have happened following WWII. If I had to guess, I'd think these were made in Japan rather than Germany, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
please id ad date oriental set of eggshell cups w/ saucers
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...