Pls help: Lrg. Celadon Vase Markings

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by E. Shirene, Dec 2, 2023.

1. E. Shirene

E. Shirene New Member

I think this is Korean Celadon Vase. I found one similar on Amazon, here,
    but it much smaller than mine and the markings are completely different. Also mine seems to not have symmetrical circles etcetera, looks to be 100% painted by hand. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Please separate your individual images from the collage. Your image of the black mark is upside down and the red one may also be.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes it is Korean celadon ware. Celadon refers to the pale green colour.
    The shape is called a double gourd vase.
    Your vase has 'durumis' or red-crowned cranes. The durumi is one of the national symbols of Korea. It stands for purity, peace and longevity.

I can't help you with the age, similar vases are still made. I also don't know of a resource for Korean porcelain maker's marks.
    Yes, it is handpainted.

I can't access the link you posted, but that doesn't matter if the vase and the mark are different.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  4. E. Shirene

E. Shirene New Member

Oh ok good to know! I’ll do that.

5. E. Shirene

E. Shirene New Member

I don’t know how to edit… looking…

6. E. Shirene

E. Shirene New Member

IMG_2144.jpeg

komokwa likes this.