Plz help me identify origins of this urn table lamp

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by The Candy Babe, Apr 1, 2022.

1. The Candy Babe

The Candy Babe New Member

20220330_233038_HDR.jpg 20220330_233008_HDR~2.jpg 20220330_233018_HDR.jpg

Hello. I am brand new to these forums. I'm hoping someone can help me identify the exact Origins of this urn lamp. I'd also like to know what it's made from. I got a set of 2 in Seattle from somebody that was throwing them away. They did not know anything about them. I've been doing extensive research and has only seen 1 online using Google Images that was very similar but the link no longer works. From my research it seems to be from somewhere in the Middle East and most likely during the 19th century. I can't can't decide if it is made from tinned copper or what kind of metals. And if if embossed, hammered, engraved, etched, or what. It seems to be more then one most likely. From my research it could be Islamic, Moorish, Indo-Persian, Egyptian, Indian, or just Middle Eastern. Please help. I need to sell them and can't tell if they are worth $100, $1000 or $10,000. Thank you

lovewrens likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they're lovely.
    but u got em for nuthin .....so pick any price u want, and take it from there....

Figtree3 and BoudiccaJones like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

In the 70s King Tut was all the rage so they more than likely were made then.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I also think Egyptian and not terribly old. Looks like brass with some selective plating. Think the work was machine embossed. Not terribly valuable but not worthless. Would help to have them be actual lamps. Makes it hard to sell without the fixtures since most people will not attempt wiring projects. Probably don't need shades on them to sell.

Figtree3 likes this.