Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain – Caen – CAEN – M. Le François – Le François à Caen – LELIÈVRE – MAISON E. LELIÈVRE
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Ce BCA, post: 3662011, member: 18716"]I don't have any specific information other than the general overview from the images. But from what I can see from the style, the fact that it appears to be painted over a transfer print outline and the way the mark is produced suggests to me it is early 20th century in period.</p><p><br /></p><p>Also note French retailers sometimes had their marks put on porcelain instead of the makers mark, and I suspect that may be the case here with it being made by one of the many Limoges factories and marked for the retailers.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Ce BCA, post: 3662011, member: 18716"]I don't have any specific information other than the general overview from the images. But from what I can see from the style, the fact that it appears to be painted over a transfer print outline and the way the mark is produced suggests to me it is early 20th century in period. Also note French retailers sometimes had their marks put on porcelain instead of the makers mark, and I suspect that may be the case here with it being made by one of the many Limoges factories and marked for the retailers.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain – Caen – CAEN – M. Le François – Le François à Caen – LELIÈVRE – MAISON E. LELIÈVRE
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...