Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain figurine - id? age?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Northern Lights Lodge, post: 2224009, member: 13464"]Hello fellow Antiquers,</p><p><br /></p><p>I posted this some time ago...apparently, in the wrong spot....so I'll try it again and see if any of you can help me out.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]255049[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255050[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255051[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255052[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255054[/ATTACH] </p><p>I have this little figurine that I've been researching for a number of years. I can't find anything specific about him.</p><p><br /></p><p>I believe him to be made of glazed white porcelain. He stands 4 3/4" tall. The base is 1 7/8" x 2 1/4". It is quite heavy for it's size - 5 1/2 ozs. He's a fancy pants "dandy" and is beautifully painted in only a few colors. A soft sea green with darker green accents like the outline of his jacket, buttons and polka dots. His face is exquisitely painted with brown brows, blue eyes with black highlights, pink cheeks, deeper pink lips and he has brown hair.</p><p><br /></p><p>There are a few letters or numbers on the bottom of the base; not sure what they are, and a fairly legible 1367 1. There is a very uniform round vent hole on the top of the tree stump he is leaning against.</p><p><br /></p><p>The only damage is a fairly large chip on the base that has been glued back on; sadly the glue has yellowed.</p><p><br /></p><p>Anyway, I think he's charming. I would welcome your thoughts as to age, where he was manufactured, what the numbers may mean, and if there is any significance to his polka dot handkerchief and green cross on his hat. Of course, if you have an idea of value; that would be great!</p><p><br /></p><p>Sincerely, Leslie at the Northern Lights Lodge[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Northern Lights Lodge, post: 2224009, member: 13464"]Hello fellow Antiquers, I posted this some time ago...apparently, in the wrong spot....so I'll try it again and see if any of you can help me out. [ATTACH=full]255049[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255050[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255051[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255052[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]255054[/ATTACH] I have this little figurine that I've been researching for a number of years. I can't find anything specific about him. I believe him to be made of glazed white porcelain. He stands 4 3/4" tall. The base is 1 7/8" x 2 1/4". It is quite heavy for it's size - 5 1/2 ozs. He's a fancy pants "dandy" and is beautifully painted in only a few colors. A soft sea green with darker green accents like the outline of his jacket, buttons and polka dots. His face is exquisitely painted with brown brows, blue eyes with black highlights, pink cheeks, deeper pink lips and he has brown hair. There are a few letters or numbers on the bottom of the base; not sure what they are, and a fairly legible 1367 1. There is a very uniform round vent hole on the top of the tree stump he is leaning against. The only damage is a fairly large chip on the base that has been glued back on; sadly the glue has yellowed. Anyway, I think he's charming. I would welcome your thoughts as to age, where he was manufactured, what the numbers may mean, and if there is any significance to his polka dot handkerchief and green cross on his hat. Of course, if you have an idea of value; that would be great! Sincerely, Leslie at the Northern Lights Lodge[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain figurine - id? age?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...