Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain figurine - id? age?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="say_it_slowly, post: 2227350, member: 50"]I'm sorry I can't help. I think it might say Ger at the top part and it might read 1867 but none is very clear. The line on the bottom could be part of a mark but don't know. Perhaps try photos with lots of different light sources, raking angles etc. </p><p><br /></p><p>I don't have much knowledge of figurines but I'd think someone might recognize the way the numbering is done for possible makers if they are collectors. I do think the location of the hole is odd and I wonder if it was used to insert something, rod for a candle stick or something like that.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="say_it_slowly, post: 2227350, member: 50"]I'm sorry I can't help. I think it might say Ger at the top part and it might read 1867 but none is very clear. The line on the bottom could be part of a mark but don't know. Perhaps try photos with lots of different light sources, raking angles etc. I don't have much knowledge of figurines but I'd think someone might recognize the way the numbering is done for possible makers if they are collectors. I do think the location of the hole is odd and I wonder if it was used to insert something, rod for a candle stick or something like that.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Porcelain figurine - id? age?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...