Featured Porcelain figurine need help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Fleurise, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Fleurise

Fleurise New Member

Hi all purchased a porcelain figurine from an online auction site a few years ago. Haven't been able to find it myself anywhere online so I've come to ask if anyone can help. It has Germany written or stamped in red on the bottom. Thanks for any help I receive.
    P10127-233925(1).jpg P10127-234037(1).jpg P10127-235053(1).jpg P10127-235424(1).jpg

KikoBlueEyes, judy and TraceyB like this.
  2. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

It's very sweet :happy: Someone will be along shortly who will be able to help you.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think the mark as shown is incomplete and upside down: Carl Scheidig, Grafenthal, 1935-72.

ritzyvintage, *crs*, Fid and 7 others like this.
  4. Fleurise

Fleurise New Member

Does a mark being upside-down and incomplete mean it's a fake. I have no knowledge about antiques, this was my first buy.

ritzyvintage likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

No, not a fake. Upside down depends on how you are holding the figurine. Your large photo of the mark is showing it upside down. It's incomplete because it was probably a decal sloppily applied - not a big deal.

This is how the mark should look:
    [​IMG]

ritzyvintage and Fleurise like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted