Porcelain Tray Metal Rim Age,Use ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

This porcelain Tray is 4.75" diameter, 7/8" high I need to polish the metal Is it called a trinket tray? The pattern looks familiar, I tried to google ribbon and roses and did not find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
    DSC00923.JPG DSC00922.JPG
    DSC00924 (2).JPG

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

A beverage coaster?

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I believe at 4 3/4" it may be a wine coaster. The pattern reminds of the Charleton Rose pattern.

Peggy

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think this is a Max Dannhorn piece.

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/germany/bavaria/nuernberg-01/index.php

Pay particular attention to the second paragraph.

I've had several trays that I thought were Max Dannhorn, but the lack of markings makes definitive ID difficult. The characteristic combination is the metal surround enclosing that glazed, flat disk, stoneware, center.

This is a tray I currently have. About 10 1/2" across, just over 8" for the ceramic portion.

Swrving Tray Tinned Metal Border Villeroy Boch Dennhorn Stenciled Flowers-a.jpg

ServingTrayTinnedMetalBorderVilleroyBochDennhornStenciledFlowers-g.jpg

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I think it's a wine coaster, too.

6. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

Just got back from Daughters, she hosted husbands Father's Day Party. All four of our kids were there as were six of nine Grands.

A special thanks to all of you. Yes, my wine bottle does fit. I do think it is a wine coaster.

Moreotherstuff pointed me to Max Dannhorn, who made serving trays with matching drink coasters (measured under 3") maybe a wine
    coaster too.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Max-Dannhor...095354?hash=item25d576623a:g:Tm8AAOSwmfhX6t0i
    Have a Great Week,
    Sue

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted