Featured Portieux Vallerysthal Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bronwen, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Imagine my surprise when I saw a blue Turtle/Snail box in a live on site auction today. it brought $90.00

clutteredcloset49 and Bronwen like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

They're crawling out of the woodwork! Good news for me, since the blue ones are much more common than the frosted it would seem. Thanks for letting us know. :happy:

i need help likes this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Only "known" example... as far as you know.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Bronwen

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Think that makes it very unique, doesn't it?

aaroncab likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

found this site offering Portieux "from original molds". I emailed about the turtle and the response was: "hello this model no longer exists and we have not produced for more than 6 years"

they do currently offer other forms from the same time frame as the turtle:
    https://www.cristalleriedeportieux.fr/e-boutique/

kyratango, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Thanks for asking them & how amazing they got back to you, & so quickly. There are so many versions of the hen on a nest, I'm surprised they keep that one in production & don't do one that is more distinctively theirs. I like the cabbage, but am increasingly pleased with my tortoise endlessly stumping along on my dresser top.

TallCakes, you are quickly making yourself into our resident PV expert.

kyratango, i need help and aaroncab like this.
  7. Bronwen

Picked up the right word at a link in another thread: 'scarce'.

aaroncab likes this.
  8. Bronwen

Does that mean the mold no longer exists?

9. Maryannlovesthesea

Maryannlovesthesea New Member

I have never posted to a message board before so I hope I'm doing it correctly.
    I have just bought myself this gorgeous crytal blue w 24kgold trim VP France decanter with the original label still intact ... It's stunning in the sunlight or any light for that matter !
    I hope you like it

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Maryannlovesthesea

This is my first time posting on a message board so I hope I do it correctly.
    I've just acquired this antique half carafe with it's VP original sticker intact so I know who made it however I'm trying to find out what year or at least time period it was made and even perhaps the name of it ?
    And of course most importantly it's value.
    Any help that you could offer on this on dating this is greatly appreciated!
    Also none of my art glass collecting friends are familiar with this glass so I searched high and low until I found this convo here .
    HELP I CANT UPLOAD ANY PICS , SAYS FILE TO LARGE
    WHAT DO I DO ??

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Maryannlovesthesea

This is my first time posting on a message board so I hope I do it correctly.
    I've just acquired this antique half carafe with it's VP original sticker intact so I know who made it however I'm trying to find out what year or at least time period it was made and even perhaps the name of it ?
    And of course most importantly it's value.
    Any help that you could offer on this on dating this is greatly appreciated!
    Also none of my art glass collecting friends are familiar with this glass so I searched high and low until I found this convo here .
    HELP I CANT UPLOAD ANY PICS , SAYS FILE TO LARGE
    WHAT DO I DO ??

i need help and Bronwen like this.
  12. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    i need help, cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
  13. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

You need to use your photo editing program to to reduce the size to between 1000 and 1200 pixels on the longest dimension. Use the cropping function so only the item shows. I suggest you start a new thread as your photo will likely get lost here.

14. Bronwen

Formidable! That is my girl exactly. Interesting that the site is for the history of the region, not for glass making.

i need help and kyratango like this.
  15. Bronwen

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    i need help and kyratango like this.
  16. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

@Maryannlovesthesea try to start a new thread in Glass Forum with a title and write a description of what you have. Here’s instructions on posting photos.
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/making-a-post-and-uploading-pictures.16038/
    If you still need help resizing, just ask and Welcome! :)

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted