Featured Possible Blenko and Possible Erickson Need Help Pls

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Aug 18, 2017.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this large vase at an estate auction that featured several Blenko pieces. I think this is Blenko as well but not sure. It's 8 3/4" high and 4" in diameter. Anyone know for sure?

Also, at the same sale I got a gorgeous pale lime green ice lip pitcher with glasses to match. It glows strongly under black light. The auctioneer said Erickson, but that is one brand of glass that I don't know a thing about. The pitcher measures 10" tall.

Photos of both below. TY!

DSCF9330.jpg

DSCF9331.jpg

DSCF9333.jpg

DSCF9334.jpg

DSCF9335.jpg

DSCF9336.jpg

DSCF9339.jpg

2. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

The similar Blenko I had had the mark acid etched on the bottom.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Oh OK, that's promising for it to be Blenko. I'm looking through the old on line catalogs now. Thanks for your comment!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I finally was able to open some of the early Blenko catalogs that are posted on line. For some reason I couldn't see beyond the cover page but I got the 1961 catalog to open in Adobe and voila! This is the Blenko # 619 appearing in the 1961 catalog.

Now if I can just find a resource for Erickson . . .

5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I have an Erickson catalog. I don't see your pieces in it, though they could have been made in another year. My catalog isn't dated, unfortunately.

lauragarnet, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I have a copy of Knower's booklet and I do not see anything like either of these. The booklet is far from exhaustive.

lauragarnet, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

ascot and George, thanks for checking. Whether it's Erickson or not, it's seriously cool and pretty and I shouldn't have any trouble selling it. I might put it in my B&M space since I can't id the maker. No one would ever find it on line. It lights up like a Christmas tree under UV which many of my buyers like. Thanks everyone!

8. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Your Blenko vase was made in 1962 as well, but I didn't see it after that in Pina's catalog reprint books. The color is, of course, Turquoise.

Draft saved Draft deleted