Possible new cane/walking stick? & parasol handle? Different dog this time not quite as realistic.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Oct 31, 2019.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

CB64DDD7-4B7C-4A98-B288-81C9F02E1A8A.jpeg 5992B2E7-A4CE-4AEE-8DAF-BAD785AE99DF.jpeg 332D1888-3A67-4A1B-903B-EF5F109E3AB9.jpeg EF272F18-2A6B-4765-9CE3-F9B441383538.jpeg These are up for grabs coming up soon. Both look interesting. I guess the large one is a walking stick with a two sided handle? One side is missing its presumably gold filled cap. I’ve never seen a studded shaft like this one. Has anyone seen one like this before?

Then a nice glass eyed dog (Spaniel?) parasol handle I’m guessing? Not threaded from what I can tell so not sure on this. The band looks like it could be a low grade silver maybe. I would think photos would show marks if there were any. Anyone think it’s something other than a parasol handle or cane topper/handle?

Photos are horrible I know. You can see size of both objects on dresser top photo.

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the dawg is nice....the stick looks like an alpine weapon...

J Dagger and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. J Dagger

Does look like you could give someone a serious beating with it. That was my immediate thought!!!

The dog is nice I agree.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That blue thing looks like a combination of piping and a serious weapon.(LOL) Somebody along will love the doggie and give him a home.

J Dagger likes this.
  5. J Dagger

Dawgy was gone when I got there :(((. I was only there ten mins after opening but someone took it right away as well as the coin I wanted. I did find what may be a pretty special piece of old native silver work in the form of a shoe horn.

Draft saved Draft deleted