Featured Post Your Halloween Antiques & Collectables Here!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Oct 30, 2019.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I didn't know that, thanks komokwa:)

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  2. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Yes, quite and expensive. I am only able to acquire about one piece per year, if that.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Time of year to bump this thread! Please post any new items you have gotten this year. I will be posting a few Halloween postcards that I have found this year, some already seen here but a few not!

Aquitaine and Darkwing Manor like this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

Happy Halloween! Speaking of... after having to decide what to gather and what to abandon during our evacuation from the mega-fire that burned down my town (Almeda Fire), I am seriously down-sizing my vintage Halloween collection. I have some old costumes up on ebay right now. Are we allowed to post links to our sales? It seems a bit exploitive.

anundverkaufen and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Please confirm with the moderators but as long as you contain all advertising and listings in the marketplace section of this forum I don't think any rules would be breached.

Darkwing Manor and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Darkwing Manor - you aren't allowed to link to particular items, but if you don't have a store on ebay, I don't see why you can't link to your active ebay page, like this:

Does the link bring you to my ebay?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    komokwa and Darkwing Manor like this.
  7. Darkwing Manor

Thank you! I posted in the Sell Forum also.

komokwa likes this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Bookahtoo - When I clicked on the link it took me to my eBay items I have listed.

@Darkwing Manor - I have a link to my listings as a tag line in my posts & have been using it for several years now. My user ID here is the same as my eBay user ID but not everybody's is so if someone here was interested in my listings they could just click on the link to get further information. I know they could contact me through the message system here but this way they can remain anonymous if they so choose.

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  9. Bookahtoo

I was afraid of that.

bercrystal and Darkwing Manor like this.
  10. Darkwing Manor

eBay is one giant rabbit hole.

11. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Only a few days left before Halloween!

Halloween postcard 1.jpg Halloween postcard 2.jpg postcard lot - halloween 1.jpg postcard lot - halloween 3.jpg

12. Bookahtoo

What the heck kind of game is that with the candle and the apple?

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

A Scary one !!!! Heehehe!!!

Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
  14. Bookahtoo

You've got that right! Hideous.

15. morgen94

morgen94 Well-Known Member

I love vintage Halloween items and I love looking at these wonderful collections. It is inspiring me to finally photograph some of the items I gathered over the years. Until then I have a few postcards and things scanned. Here are a couple of favorites...
    HalloweenJOLBalloonLowerRes.jpg
    HalloweenDevilsJOLsLowerRes.jpg

Aquitaine, Bakersgma, SBSVC and 3 others like this.
  16. Darkwing Manor

'And then there was the rather perilous “Apple and Candle” game. The game involved hanging up a stick horizontally by a string and attaching a lit candle to one end and an apple to the other. The Book of Days explains:

“The stick being made to twirl rapidly, the merry-makers in succession leap up and snatch at the apple with their teeth (no use of the hands being allowed), but it very frequently happens that the candle comes round before they are aware, and scorches them in the face, or anoints them with grease.”

Even so, that still sound better than "The Three Luggies", or "The Nut Roast"....
    (from https://www.mimimatthews.com/2015/10/18/a-victorian-halloween-party/)

SBSVC, Joe2007, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very frequently happens that the candle comes round before they are aware, and scorches them in the face, or anoints them with grease.”

I wonder how many ladies like the one above had their hair catch fire...:eek::eek::inpain::inpain:

Aquitaine and Darkwing Manor like this.
  18. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Those are fantastic!!

morgen94 likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Weather guys are saying we in Worcester County (MA) are 'supposed' to get maybe a couple of inches!!!!!! SO NOT READY 4 THIS!!

20. morgen94

morgen94 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words.

Draft saved Draft deleted