Pottery; need help deciphering a signature

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Apr 20, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

HELP!! Gosh here we go yet again....! It was suggested on another ID site this could be a valuable artist but I am not seeing it. Robert Arneson. I have found no examples where the signature is written over the dark mark. Thoughts???? THanks! potteryteapot.jpg potteryteapot1.jpg teapot1.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like any of the works of the "famous" Arneson to me - and I didn't even look at signatures. Plus, I don't see Arneson in this incised mark, either.

I'll give it that it starts with an A, but the rest is very hard to make out.

3. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

as I said, I am not seeing it either! I have tried all kinds of filters and ways to bring out the signature. blah.

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Aumis?rt ? Rub some cinnamon in ,that often helps to read it. Nice little stoneware teapot.

Draft saved Draft deleted