Pottery Pitcher Vienna Austria

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarajayne, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

I have had this for probably 25 years at least and have never been able to find anything about it. Any info would be helpful. About 6" tall.

Hovercraft (253).jpg Hovercraft (254).jpg Hovercraft (256).jpg Hovercraft (255).jpg

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. JanetP

JanetP Member

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

There's a current auction on eBay with the title listed below that shows a better picture of your mark:

2 Antique Bisque Porcelain EWERS Pitchers Vienna Austria HJ w Applied PEARS

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

OH!

They're pears.....................or peaches in this case?

lauragarnet and Ladybranch like this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It depends on whoever writes the blurb. I favor plums, myself. We don't have oval pears or peaches in this neck of the woods.

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

People just don't know their stuff. It's not limited to fruits.

I saw an auction title for a figurine of mare and foal listed as "a mother horse with her fawn" not too long ago. :joyful:

7. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I tried to find this mark at Porcelain Marks and More, but had no luck.

8. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

Not sure as I could so far only verify the plain "H&J" mark but shown mark is claimed to have belonged to the decoration studio of "Hofmann & Jahn" from the town of Chodau in (then) Austrian Bohemia. Company existed between 1890 and shortly after WW1. "Vienna" was often used as marketing term (like "Royal", "Teplitz", "Prussia", etc.). As said: no positive ID yet.

lauragarnet and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted