Featured Potties , a little help with vase ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Feb 24, 2020.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Okay , so I google imaged this thing,then searched under handled vase,Majolica,European,etc,etc,etc. No luck finding it . Its 7 inch high and 5 wide at base,with the numbers 243 impressed in the base. Brown is never a color I look at twice ,but this glaze is so deep and rich,and the colored band sold me . Any input is always appreciated .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I found some listed with this deco listed as Peters & Reed Lion Cameo. Off to see if I can find my book.

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Found my book and they did make a lion head and grape like yours as part of their standard glaze line. They also had some with the bulbous neck however your exact shape isn't shown.

aaroncab, johnnycb09 and Joe2007 like this.
  5. johnnycb09

Yall are amazing ! Thank you so much ! No wonder I couldnt find anything,I swore it was european ! Heres a pic of the nadle,I thought I had included it .
    [​IMG]

6. johnnycb09

My initial thought was Weller , and reading the company bio there was a gent from Weller that worked there . Again , thank everyone so much .

komokwa likes this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

It's a very handsome vase. Would have been happy to find that one, too.

Amazing work with the ID's SIS and Flipper. :happy:

pearlsnblume, johnnycb09 and wildrose like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted