Featured Potties, age of teapot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Jul 5, 2018.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked up this little teapot today thinking it might be 18th century,but I dont know china so well and google images hates me,so I come seeking knowledge. its 3 inches high,4 1/2 wide,no markings at all. Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think the pattern is strawflower. It was made by a number of different manufacturers, all in Germany (as far as I know). I think production was mostly 19th century. Others may have a better grasp of the pattern than I do.
    Don

Figtree3, pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's adorable, johnny! I know nothing about it, although, from the shape I would have thought mid-20th C. I look forward to seeing what others say.

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Google Starflower Teapot and you get Höchst, Kahla, Tettau, Winterling, Wallendorf, and Meissen all on the first page. And this pattern had (has) a much wider distribution than just Germany.

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. JayC

JayC Member

I like it too...but even without marks it would be very helpful to see the bottom of the pot and inside of lid. The pattern is still being made today and bottom wear/lid construction could tell a lot.

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"would be very helpful to see the bottom of the pot and inside of lid"

I think those are shown in pictures 3 and 4, no?

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they do seem to be there...in living color !!!!

Hey Johnny....nice tea pot !!:):)
    & don't fret...Google hates us all !!! :happy:

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Myott made a similar pattern.......and also made in Japan, and perhaps Germany.

It's fashioned after Royal Copenhagen's Blue Lace.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I noticed last night what seem to be mold lines? Would that indicate newer? Did they use molds in the 18th century? Thanks so much for the input everyone,always appreciated.

komokwa likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've seen English pots in this pattern, too. My first thought was early 19th.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I also think early 20th c. If it was British, I would expect it to be marked. Cute shape. Could be Scandinavian also.

Draft saved Draft deleted