Potties,am I quimper ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Oct 11, 2016.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Got this cheese dish (?) ,mainly to use as a butter dish (yes,I still eat real butter :) ) but the hallmark intrigued me as it looks like that fake one we see all the time but I dont think it is? Honestly,I didnt examine it that well at the thrift,I really wanted it for utilitarian purposes, but it seems to be nicer than I initially thought . Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cxgirl and SBSVC like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I have never seen quimper marked like that. Can you post a shot of the full back of the plate. I'd like to see where the mark is oriented and whether you can see any underlying clay.
    Don

SBSVC likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

Thanks for looking Don....
    [​IMG]

SBSVC likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

I JUST realized the lions head are actually faces ! What the hell ???
    [​IMG]

cxgirl and SBSVC like this.
  5. johnnycb09

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It will look good on your table & you won't care if it gets a little stained from the butter. :p

I also use real butter & have for years. :smug::smug::smug: I have mine in a Whitehall American quarter pound dish. :rolleyes:

Peggy

pearlsnblume, cxgirl and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

STILL a VERY pretty butter or cheese dish!!!!:):):):) And those faces on the lions are WILD!!!!!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have my butter in a crystal Criss Cross butter dish. I use the quarter stick one but have the 1 lb one as well. I have two brother -in-laws that leave the butter on the table, I put mine in the refridge.
    greg

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Growing up the butter was always on the counter next to the stove. With 9 kids, it was never around long enough to go bad :joyful:

Now I keep butter in the freezer and take it out as I need it. DH had a heart attack a few years ago, so butter is rarely used now!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. johnnycb09

I had two ! I used the so called healthy margarine until it was revealed it was as bad,if not worse for you than real butter. I only use it sparingly,unless I make mashed potatoes then its the hell with it !

wenna, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Mine is always on the counter as I hat to try to butter toast or bread with hard butter. I figure if I ain't sick or dead by now it will likely not be a problem.

Peggy

cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Oh yea, all bets are off with mashed potatoes!!!!!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  13. gregsglass

Hi Marie,
    I switched from using milk and butter on mashed potatoes to using low fat yogurt. Even the die hards like my BIL love my mashed potatoes. He eats NOTHING that is healthy. If he knew he would never touch my cooking again.
    greg

14. johnnycb09

I tried it all Greg,even mashed cauliflower (GAG) . I only make them about 4 times a year now, so when I do, its pools of butter and half and half !

15. gregsglass

Hi Johnny,
    I share your GAG about the cauliflower. As for me I use mashed spuds every two weeks and major and minor Holidays. I get requested for Holidays: pies and mashed potatoes.
    greg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  16. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

I actually love cauliflower (with lots of butter), but NOT as a substitute for mashed potatoes!

johnnycb09 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted