Potties,who made this music box?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Jun 3, 2017.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked this up thinking California pottery or the like,but so far Ive been unable to match it. Theres some writing on the bottom but I cant figure it out. I thought it said "Atlantic mold" ? Is this just a hobbyist piece. She is 9x5 . The writing is very faint,thats the best I could do.Thank you for any input.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Johnny, I do think it's a paint and glaze-it-yourself mold. Atlantic Mold is the company that made so many of those 1970's Christmas trees that folks finished at their local ceramics studio - like this one:
    img0 (75).jpg
    I didn't locate any exactly like yours, but if you look at other Atlantic Mold figurines being sold, they all seem to be finished differently, and with different levels of proficiency. For instance:
    img0 (71).jpg img0 (72).jpg img0 (73).jpg img0 (70).jpg

Yours, at least, has a very sweet face! What song does it play?

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The theme from the Godfather ! :) I suspected it was hobbyist,but bless her heart,she was only $2 .

SBSVC and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted