Featured Potty’s help identifying bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Studio Antiques, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Studio Antiques

Studio Antiques Well-Known Member

Hello we have another beautiful piece that I’m having trouble finding out more about. The height is roughly 4.25” and the width about 5.75” at the mouth.

The pattern is reminiscent of Native American to me and I haven’t been able to find the signature on the bottom as of yet.
    Any information regarding maker and region is greatly appreciated. FE2D1742-A2DC-45D5-B585-1F537A600A48.jpeg A1EFF2CE-9C21-45B9-9151-59A51A167FB7.jpeg ED054AC6-903E-4D61-A02B-7DC0797524E6.jpeg 3AABC827-A730-4CDC-9A88-547347686CCB.jpeg Thanks for looking!

judy, johnnycb09 and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The clay is what they sell to small artisan potters in this country, have done since the 1980s/1990s. It looks like it has a date inscribed on the sides rather than the bottom. The signature could be BC, BG, RG, RC...? Beyond that, I have no idea. A real artisan pottery fanatic might.

Figtree3, judy and Studio Antiques like this.
  3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Can't even make an educated guess on this one, I like it though

Salt glazed stoneware ?

I think what looks like 19 something is misleading

Think from a studio potter

judy and Studio Antiques like this.
  4. Studio Antiques

Yeah the photos are hard to tell but that’s part of the design on the side it’s 3 squares with a dot in the center of each. 1424A53A-9FCC-4086-ACDE-722BFF156047.jpeg

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  5. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Thought that was the case, not sure it is salt glazed now looking up close, are there lots of small raised spots ?

judy and Studio Antiques like this.
  6. Studio Antiques

It’s definitely not salt glaze but thank you

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  7. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I didn't get any matches, but someone else may have better luck. I bought a nice artisan vase yesterday, but luckily for me the potter signed it legibly and I found her right away.

Studio Antiques likes this.
  9. Studio Antiques

Same I didn’t find a match on the site but it was definitely a good try, thank you for the info so far everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted