Pre-war Dutch painting?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Rickoshea, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Rickoshea

Rickoshea New Member

This is said to be pre-war , and from Holland. Haven't had any luck on signature yet. Appears to read "Levei"? Any ideas? Thanks! 20200710_183440.jpg 20200710_184535.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a Dutch scene......
    could be factory art.. post ww2

smallaxe and blooey like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Would you be kind enough to post a photograph of both the front and back including frame? Also, close-up photographs of any stickers, labels or hand-written notations.

Debora

4. Rickoshea

Rickoshea New Member

Absolutely. Sorry I'm having a hard time navigating this forum, and apologize if I am double posting this.
    I was only able to snap a couple quick pics. I will be back there tomorrow and can have a better look. Here's a couple of the frame just from cropping my original photos (hard to show detail with such small file sizes!)
    20200710_194504.jpg 20200710_195238.jpg

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is this something you're thinking of buying? Looks like a modern factory painting from China to me. Let's see what others have to say.

Debora

Fid and smallaxe like this.
  6. Rickoshea

Rickoshea New Member

I am CERTAINLY no expert, and have minimal knowledge of paintings (with the exception of binge watching Bob Ross from time to time lol).
    The painting is owned by a ~90 year old who has owned it since the 50s after purchasing it in Holland.
    That is the story straight from her anyway. She seems quite credible.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Well there you go.

Debora

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

whomever the artist was, learned their trees from Bob !!!

smallaxe and Debora like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted