Preparing to reopen

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Peter T Davis, May 13, 2014.

1. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

About changing the birth date, when I signed up I noticed that is one thing that you can't change. I think it said to contact the board admins if you want to change it.

... On another thread I mentioned that I never (or rarely) give my correct birth date, mostly due to concerns about identity theft. And, as Susan mentioned, there is no real reason that it's needed on this board.

:eek::cool::D -- And I still like the emoticons here! :)

daveydempsey and Peter T Davis like this.
  2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Oh, you like those do you? Well, check again :jawdrop:

Figtree3 and daveydempsey like this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

:punch::shame::shy::):smuggrin::sorry::spam::playful::pics::penguin::panda::nurse::muted::hilarious::hungry::inpain::jimlad::kiss:OMG lol,
    Those should keep Fig entertained
    :angelic::arghh::artist::astronaut::bag::banhappy::banghead::beaver::bigtears::blackalien::blackeye::cow::couchpotato::coldfeet::cold::clown::cigar::chicken::cat::bucktooth::brb::borg::bored::bookworm::cyclops::dead::depressed::doctor::droid::drowning::eggface::facepalm::greedy::greyalien::grumpy::happy::headphone::mask::lurking::lock::link:

spirit-of-shiloh and Figtree3 like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::mad::(;):zombie::yuck::yawn::writer::woot::wideyed::watching::wacky::vulcan::vomit::vamp::turtle::troll::stop::stinkyfeet::spam::sour::sorry::snaphappy::smuggrin::smug::singing::singing:
    You forgot a few. Here's a couple more.

spirit-of-shiloh and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Figtree3

Thanks very much! :singing: --

Fig

6. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. So nice to see so many people have joined. I'm not on the boards very often do to family illness and obligations. I had no idea how many people were banned or chose to leave. I'm very happy that I found out about this board. Let me apologize in advance if I post and then disappear for a while, it can't be helped under our current circumstances. I never know what each day will bring but I will do my best to follow through.

Susan, I didn't tell the truth on my DOB either. I never use the same one. At this rate, everyday will be my birthday.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Security questions? What security questions?

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

So good to see all the familiar names here.

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Any way to view the threads in a different format? I only get about three per page and they have pictures (sometimes multiples) filling up a lot of space. Also, is there away to see when a thread has been updated with new responses that you have not read? One more thing :facepalm:. Is there any way to jump to first unread post? Getting the hang of the new format may take some doing.

10. verybrad

Never mind about the last question. I see it gives you an option to jump to first unread once you open the thread.

11. Figtree3

When I look at a section with multiple threads, for example the Antique Discussion section, I see the titles of 20 threads per page. (Not sure if that is what you mean?) When I open a particular thread I see 20 posts per thread. So I'm not sure.

Also, when I look at the general list of sections or at a particular section, I can tell there are new posts because the title of the thread or section is in boldface font.

That's all -- I don't remember whether I changed the settings or if it was already like that.

12. verybrad

Hope this link works to what I am seeing ..... Currently, there are 5 posts since there are few pics.

http://antiquers.com/

13. Figtree3

OH, I see what is happening. Click on Forums in the top brown bar on that page, then bookmark that and make it your landing place. See if you like that better.

Fig

14. daveydempsey

Peter can we change the Fine Art to just "Art", can we include a "Glass" section and can we get rid of "Appraisals"

15. Bakersgma

Hey Davey, I have a question. I did not notice this yesterday, but this morning a very small version of my avatar is showing up in the avatar column of the thread list on each thread to which I have posted like it has been pinned to the lower right corner of the avatar of the original poster of the thread. Is that just this format's was of reminding me that I posted to those threads (like the little arrow on the lithium format) or what? :cat:

16. daveydempsey

Yes that's correct, it disappears after a while.

17. Bakersgma

18. User 38

User 38 Guest

Davey,

Just a few minutes ago I received an eBay message from a member who posts on the Antiques Forum, asking for your information, as they want to join this Forum..
    I didn't want to give them a link to this site without your permission, as I know you have been contacting posters directly.

19. daveydempsey

Anyone can join,(except DSS) give them the link, no problem.:rolleyes:

Tauriel likes this.
  20. User 48

User 48 Guest

I have asked a couple of people to join us.

I was thinking about starting a "game" thread of some kind -- word-link, free association, whatever -- but with an "antiques" twist. Might keep people entertained and occupied until membership increases. Would there be any interest, you think?

Draft saved Draft deleted