Preparing to reopen

Discussion in 'Announcements & Rules' started by Peter T Davis, May 13, 2014.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I personally LOVE word games. :cool:

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Sea Animal ? 5 letters and 3 letters
    - - - - -. - - -

3. User 48

User 48 Guest

OK. I started one and we'll see if there's interest. As for your puzzle, Davey... I'll probably not get it, as I can NEVER seem to work the English version of a crossword puzzle, with all those clever anagrams and hidden clues, and so on. :(

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Thanks! That does look a lot better and is more functional.

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maxine, I think there would be interest (if you haven't started this already since you posted a couple of hours ago). Right now the board members are mostly from the Antiques Board -- I hope we can get some people who are not even necessarily on eBay to come and post some questions... until then, games are fun.

6. Figtree3

Whoops, didn't see your other post until after I replied... there was more than one page that I had not noticed.

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Can I suggest expanding the Ceramics title to Ceramics, Pottery and Porcelain? From elsewhere I get the impression that there are those who don't immediately make the connection.

8. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Hi folks,so glad to to see ya'all :) Been very busy on FB and off with a political matter but soon I will be back.............like chewing gum on sneakers ;)

Tauriel likes this.
  9. daveydempsey

When Peter agreed to open this site at my request he spent a whole weekend rebuilding it for our use. (Many thanks Peter)
    My request included this "I could almost be certain of at least 50-100 members joining within the first month"
    Well I just looked and we have 75 and growing daily just in 2 weeks :singing:

10. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

It's been a lot of fun watching it grow. And, I'm happy to be of service :)

11. Figtree3

Peter, Thank you very much for doing this. Right now all of us "refugees" are just enjoying being in a different environment. It will be interesting to see how this site develops.

...And, thanks again for all the emoticons! :cool::happy::D

12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Good morning all -
    I think this was the thread that was talking about little tweeks in the board. If not I apologize for posting to the wrong thread.

I notice that each post is numbered. I was wondering if it could be numbered with the total #1/52 #2/52 #3/52 etc.

I know the total number is on the forum title page, but when you are reading and realize you only have a few minutes before leaving for work, it's nice to know how many posts are left and if you have enough time to finish reading the thread or if have to stop and come back.

Really appreciate all the effort that Peter and Davey have gone to in order for this to work so well.
    Thank you.

13. Peter T Davis

That's a nice idea @clutteredcloset49 though not something I'd be able to do myself. I can pass it on to the software developers and hopefully they'll include it in a future release of the software.

14. User 48

User 48 Guest

And now at 101 members!

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  15. daveydempsey

Wow, its like the Dalmation movie :D
    This time next year it will be 100,001:cool:

16. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

YEEEEhah!!!!!

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  17. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

18. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

19. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

hope it;s okay that I added a link to the forum on the cake stand page of my website: tallcakes.com
    if anyone knows of other links that might help just let me know

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  20. Peter T Davis

I think it's great that you did that, thanks! It can only help get the word out there that this place exists. I think everyone should be encouraged to put a link to there own websites here in their signature too. If anyone doesn't know what a signature is, here is a link to where you can set yours up. It's going to show up under your posts, right where it says "This is my signature" on my post. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted