Featured Pressed glass..compote? White fading to clear

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Would I call this a compote? Also any guesses on maker? Just over 5" tall. comp3.jpg comp4.jpg comp5.jpg comp6.jpg
    Thanks.

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Jefferson Glass 'Swag with Brackets' c1903
    opalescent jelly compote

komokwa, janettekay, patd8643 and 8 others like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Awesome, Tall Cakes. Thank you!

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@Lucille.b , I looked at these on ebay, they come in various colors, nice prices too!
    Your photos are very good. I didn't realize these are as small as they are! Very nice.

5. Lucille.b

Thank you, Anti.

I think there might be larger versions, too. This one is small, truly compote size. Was thinking it would be cute on a table with candies or similar.

antidiem, SBSVC and i need help like this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The old glass like this is sensitive to heat and may not like candle wax puddles. The formula were different from today.

i need help and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted