Featured Pretty little glass pitcher/vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kasperscuriosities, May 7, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

Not sure what this is but it is really pretty and has a unique feel if that means anything to anyone. I mean it just feels nice in your hand like silk or something. Kind of hard to explain. It is about 6 inches tall. No marks that I can see.
    13123181_1084881624901674_5165288533855694319_o.jpg 13131094_1084881628235007_1949099175221613469_o.jpg 13173337_1084881638235006_2554308579474694534_o.jpg 13173607_1084881688235001_4961777912964339060_o.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It is pretty, but it looks so terribly lonely in that vast expanse of black.

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

what's the bottom look like?

4. Kasperscuriosities

It's just white. No marks.

5. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

If it's one thing I know about glassies, it's that they always want to see the bottom, it doesn't matter if it's marked or not. Best post a picture of the bottom. These guys can read bottoms like a fortune teller reads tea leaves.

6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

LOL @Mary Delaney . Waiting for King of Things or Komokwa to chime in on Reading Bottoms!

I would guess that t it is a cruet rather then a pitcher, and may be missing a stopper.

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oh......I only know about the science of reading bumps on the head......
    not bums up a head !!!

( & for sure not....heads up a bum !! )

Bumpity bum bum !!!!!! :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:............................:)

8. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

A photo of the underside is important to determine the nature of the pontil mark, if one exists. Lovely piece!

9. Kasperscuriosities

I do have a pic of the bottom but I have to resize it to upload. I will try and post it when i am back at my computer.

lauragarnet and Brenda Anna like this.
  10. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Always show your bottom in the first post. Never, ever make us ask again! LOL. :p

11. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

My first thought upon seeing it was that it is Fenton. I was able to find only 1 cruet with the ruffled edge listed as Fenton, but nothing else matched. I see a certain kind of ruffle and I always go to Fenton first. Can't confirm this one though.

12. komokwa

cheeks.jpg

I agree..........every post should start this way !!!............:happy::happy::happy::happy:

lauragarnet likes this.
  13. Mary Delaney

Mary Delaney Well-Known Member

14. lauragarnet

I demand equality! A Speedo guy's bottom! (Just kidding! Honestly and truly! Just kidding!)

15. komokwa

Y'all go a head and post.......if yer so inclined !

I'm an equal opportunity supporter !! :)

16. komokwa

Oh...& Kasper....that's a sweet little flowery....what ever you call it !

17. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

english bad logo placement.jpg Hi Laura,
    Here you go. Badly placed logo though.
    greg

18. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's Tom Daley, that is!

19. lauragarnet

LOL! :joyful:

Kasperscuriosities likes this.