Price on a pony embroidery - Norman Thelwell

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Roger roger, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Roger roger

Roger roger New Member

Hello there,

I just adquire this embroidery on a frame, and apparently it was made from Norman Thelwell.

I've tried to check on its commercial price but so far i've hadn't had any luck.

Any idea how much this could cost?

THanks.

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I have no idea of its value but, boy, that takes me back! I became acquainted with Thelwell during a 1974 visit to my grandparents in Hampshire, UK. I came back to the States pony-mad and carting along a load of horsey books and magazines.

Figtree3, judy, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello, roger roger. Thelwell drew the cartoon from which this embroidery kit was stitched by some crafty person. He did not "make" what you have. His cartoons are adorable though.

Now, the question I have for you is whether you just want to find out how much this might sell for or whether you intend this post to be your advertising to sell it here.

4. Bakersgma

i need help likes this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Actually I thought he just wanted to know the value of the item .. to find out if he made a good 'buy' ... Joy.

judy and i need help like this.
  6. Bakersgma

And that may very well be, Joy. That's why I asked first. After all, he did place his post in Sell and not in Textiles or Art.

Draft saved Draft deleted