Priscilla Colonial Furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Larisa, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Larisa

Larisa New Member

Does anyone know anything about Priscilla Colonial Furniture? I have a midcentury style expandable dining table and some chairs that have a label from this company with a model number. I can't find any info on Google about it. Wondering what state they were based in, etc. I live in Maine and these were my husband's grandparents' (also lived in Maine). I found one other item on Facebook from this company from an auction house in New Jersey. Any info appreciated!

Thanks,

Larisa

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

show us the table...& the label....& if we're able....& comfot-able, we'll shoot you a cable about your table label...............................

:wacky:;);):D:D

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Just wondering if perhaps it's the Colonial Furniture Co (Pennsylvania, started 1965) and Priscilla is the model name(?) Just a thought.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:singing::singing::singing:

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOOOOOH.....he's a poet and he knows it.....his feet are Longfellows......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Larisa

Larisa New Member

Here are some photos. I suppose it is possible that Priscilla is a model, but the same label is on the table and the 4 chairs, though I suppose it could be a set.

I also found a post on Facebook of a hutch with the same label.

Thanks for your responses. IMG_20180414_102343343.jpg IMG_20180414_100916905.jpg IMG_20180414_095003660.jpg IMG_20180414_094950488.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Larisa

Larisa New Member

Not sure how old they are, but my mother in law says they were around since she was a kid, which would have been the 50s.

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Never heard of this company but colonial furniture reproductions/adaptations were all the rage in the 50s. Much was made in various New England states of hard rock maple. Yours looks nicely designed and made.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Cushman Furniture of N. Bennington VT. introduced this type of modern/colonial design in 1933. . . they used yellow birch with a russet finish. Rounded corners, very solid construction are the characteristics of the many companies that followed Cushman's lead. Popularity dropped way off after 1953-4 when most furniture makers went to a more traditional Colonial design. Your pieces look like they could be 1930's -40's, which that label looks like, and refinished at one time. It's worth looking closely underneath for a CUSHMAN imprint stamped into the wood, because they produced furniture for retailers (Priscilla label). Particularly your chair looks very Cushman like. I will look at my catalogs to see if it is ? I collect Cushman and have seen second labeling for retailers of their furniture.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Good information. These could be birch rather than maple. Agree that the design is a notch above much of what you see.

Draft saved Draft deleted