Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Protecting images, watermark or not?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="moreotherstuff, post: 201411, member: 56"]I download photos regularly. There's a lot of things I can't afford for which a good photo will suffice. There's a lot of images I just happen to like. And I like to take photos (anyone's) and edit them to my own satisfaction, sometimes incorporating them into entirely new images. I don't see much harm in it unless the person downloading intends to take credit for the photo and use it for profit.</p><p><br /></p><p>The only time that happened to me, it wasn't a photo that was stolen, but a description. And I confess I was severely pi**ed off.</p><p><br /></p><p>It may be that photos of mine have been stolen for someone else's profit, but the web is so huge it is unlikely I'll ever know.</p><p><br /></p><p>Come to think of it, there was an instance where an image of mine was incorporated into a prize-winning art installation. I was credited as "photographer unknown".[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="moreotherstuff, post: 201411, member: 56"]I download photos regularly. There's a lot of things I can't afford for which a good photo will suffice. There's a lot of images I just happen to like. And I like to take photos (anyone's) and edit them to my own satisfaction, sometimes incorporating them into entirely new images. I don't see much harm in it unless the person downloading intends to take credit for the photo and use it for profit. The only time that happened to me, it wasn't a photo that was stolen, but a description. And I confess I was severely pi**ed off. It may be that photos of mine have been stolen for someone else's profit, but the web is so huge it is unlikely I'll ever know. Come to think of it, there was an instance where an image of mine was incorporated into a prize-winning art installation. I was credited as "photographer unknown".[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Protecting images, watermark or not?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...