Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Protecting images, watermark or not?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="TallCakes, post: 201527, member: 107"]how is someone having a digital image of a fine print going to devalue the print? I don't sell on eBay often but one was once able to link photos in their description and then delete the linked image at the url site; thus making the eBay listing image-less expect for the one in the search.</p><p><br /></p><p>I have had eBay sellers 'lift' images from my site and use them for their eBay sales. The problem I have with that is the bidders are not seeing the actual item that is listed. And eBay did nothing when I notified them of the copyright infringement, as I wasn't participating in VERO. One seller did end an auction when notified but that did nothing since eBay still had the images available. I accept it as inevitable; if a image is posted on the web it will be copied or otherwise referenced. I see my images all over Pinterest and other sites.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="TallCakes, post: 201527, member: 107"]how is someone having a digital image of a fine print going to devalue the print? I don't sell on eBay often but one was once able to link photos in their description and then delete the linked image at the url site; thus making the eBay listing image-less expect for the one in the search. I have had eBay sellers 'lift' images from my site and use them for their eBay sales. The problem I have with that is the bidders are not seeing the actual item that is listed. And eBay did nothing when I notified them of the copyright infringement, as I wasn't participating in VERO. One seller did end an auction when notified but that did nothing since eBay still had the images available. I accept it as inevitable; if a image is posted on the web it will be copied or otherwise referenced. I see my images all over Pinterest and other sites.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Protecting images, watermark or not?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...