Pulaski Furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Chuckycheese, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Chuckycheese

Chuckycheese New Member

2018-04-11-15-00-15.jpg Hello everyone, I have already introduced myself and now its time to mingle.. .

I am currently in the middle of a new home construction and buying furniture when I see something that grabs my attention.

This grabbed me the other day and I drove 3.5hrs each way... hope it was worth the trip. I really could care less about its value however I would like to know more about the item. If anyone (here in the US or abroad) can shed light on it, i would very much appreciate it.

What I know... bought 1991-92, Ohio. Pulaski Open Pantry #0032216. The initials CB are written on the rear center section, Original cost 1200 USD... thats it... i have looked for hours online and only found one other from Pulaski. Wieghs around 150lbs due to tile work.

Thank you in advance!

CC

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Very charming!
    Quickly go back on your post please, hit edit, click full size for photos. Thank you, I’m sure someone will be along with info.
    Editing is timed limited, so if you miss it, you will know for next time. :)

judy and Chuckycheese like this.
  3. Huntingtreasure

Great going! Normally furniture needs photos of back, bottom, and joining, any markings. Just from what I’ve seen them ask for in the past. Sorry I didn’t think to mention before.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Have you done any research on the company, Chucky? Company has only been around since 1955. Given the style, I'd say this wasn't all that old when the previous owner acquired it. Might even have been new at the time, although this kind of "country furniture" was pretty popular in the 80's.

Looks in good shape and if it's what you wanted for your new home, then enjoy it!

5. Chuckycheese

Chuckycheese New Member

Thank you everyone, Bakersgma I have researched extensively since purchase. The company was started in 1955 by Fred Stanley Jr and "C.B. Richardson". They grew quite rapidly and the company produced a variety of furniture including clocks,hall trees ect...

My item has 3 original labels, one of which is one the bottom but the other 2 I can access. It was purchased new by the original owner from who I got it from (I am 2nd owner), she gave me the information I had posted.

What interested me was that they appear very rare and the initials "CB" on the back...I had at the time of purchase never heard of this company or its founding members. 2018-04-11-16-56-15.jpg

6. Bakersgma

Okay, then. I'm not sure what more you want to know.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

YUMMY!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Chuckycheese likes this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

CC, I'm not sure what more info you need, either, but I did see a couple of those pieces online. Was this the one you saw?
    img0 (25).jpg
    img0 (27).jpg
    img0 (28).jpg

Pulaski was never really a "high-end" furniture company, but they made solid, appealing, "mass-market" furniture for the middle classes for many years. (I'm not familiar with their "newer" products since the company was sold in the late 2000's.)

p.s. Did you know that Pulaski introduced an "Antiques Roadshow" line, based on furniture shown on that program? It became available in 2003.

komokwa, judy, Chuckycheese and 2 others like this.
  9. Chuckycheese

Chuckycheese New Member

SBSVC, I did not see that one... or at least not that angle or picture nor did I find any labels as you have posted. Perhaps I will try using the code and name on them as reference.

I suppose I was just curious as to how many may be out there versus how little info I found. I literally seached for 3 days and only found 2 others and only 1 of those was a Pulaski.

Also, i am curious if there are any others that may have the initials CB written in white on the back... rather perculiar the one of the founders was C.B. Richardson.

I always am curious when I cannot find info on something. Thank you for posting the photos and information, I did not know for sure about the road show line but do recall reading something about Pulaski and the road show.

komokwa and judy like this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think the reason you are not finding much is that this is not that old and is just used furniture at this point. There is not any real established secondary market and much of the furniture may remain in the original purchasers' homes. Pulaski was/is a pretty big company so you can bet there are more out there. I have been to the Pulaski showroom in Highpoint on several occasions. Agree that it is medium quality mass market furniture company following current trends. I doubt this was made for too many years before they moved on to other things.

komokwa, Bakersgma and Chuckycheese like this.
  11. Huntingtreasure

Some people have incorrectly labeled these as tiled backers rack, maybe you will find more if you use that search term.

12. Shelley Perry

Shelley Perry New Member

13. Shelley Perry

Shelley Perry New Member

I have this open pantry, purchased January 1996 $1,640 at a high-end furniture store in Wisconsin.

14. Shelley Perry

Shelley Perry New Member

15. Bakersgma

Hello Shelley. What is the purpose of your post? Do you need help posting pictures of your pantry?

Figtree3 likes this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Brad makes sense ......and it's sobering to remember that the web is a massive data base......but unless some one some where uploaded photo's of what you're searching for.......it ain't there !

Since these may be newer items , made in limited numbers , finding a couple may be as good as it gets for now.!!;)

ps. rare, is how one orders a cut of meat to be cooked......:playful::playful::playful:

bluumz likes this.
  17. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

This is a 2018 thread and Chuckycheese hasn't visited the forum since then.
    Shelley, if you have any questions about your own piece, it may be better to start your own thread.

Figtree3, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted