Featured Punch bowl with saw toothed and scalloped edge

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Nov 18, 2021.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a punch bowl with saw toothed and scalloped edge. Dimensions are around 11 1/8" top dia. x 2 1/2" bottom dia. x 4 1/2" tall. The first picture is looking into the bowl and the last 2 are looking from the outside of the bowl. I thought maybe the fruit might have been pineapple or strawberry and the other design star of David or buttons. I struck out and could not find anything on this punch bowl. I would like to request some help identifying the company and the pattern of this punch bowl. Thank you. Rob
    IMG_8829small.JPG IMG_8830small.JPG IMG_8831small.JPG

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Imperial Glass, Iverna?

judy, i need help, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  3. rknarr2

Thank you very much for the lead. You are spot on and really helped for me to move forward. Rob

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Others know much more about this than I, and may have more info to add.

Inside the bowl, right at the bottom center, there might be a raised mark in the glass.

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

attributed to multiple makers; from EAPGpatterns:
    Pattern: Iverna
    AKA: Late Jefferson
    Manufacturer: Ripley & Co. (#303, 1911); Imperial Glass Co. (#482, 1915 as part of their Nucut line); Paden City Glass Mfg. Co. (1918)
    Pattern Number: 303
    Date: 1911; 1915; 1918

from EAPGs
    IVERNA (AKA)
    • Ohio Flint Glass CO. (Bowling Green-OH/Dunkirk-IN, Operated:1891-1899/1904-1907), Introduced: C1907
    • NOTE: Sid Lethbridge” The OMN is unknown. The original maker is believed to be Ohio Flint Glass who trademarked Krys-Tol. The pattern is likely c1907. After Ohio went out of business in 1908, things are a little more uncertain. Jefferson acquired the rights to the Krys-Tol trademark and got some, if not all, of the moulds for Krys-Tol lines. However, this pattern does not appear in their c1911 catalog. Ripley & Co.of Connellsville made a line that is extremely similar if not identical that they called No. 303 Iverna. We don't know if they got the Ohio Flint moulds or if the Ripley line was a copy.
    IMPERIAL GLASS CO. No. 482 (OMN)
    • Imperial Glass Company (Bellaire-OH, Operated: 1904-1984), Introduced: ca. 1911

6. rknarr2

I had already checked for a raised mark in the bottom center of the glass but there was none as a lead in my initial search. I did notice on my research information after your lead found on the bottom of those like the words NUCUT which I just found out was a line for Imperial Glass. They may have had other words but at the time I was looking for one just like mine to compare to and I did find it without the mark like mine. Thank you for the leads. Rob

moreotherstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted