Featured Pyrex

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by daveydempsey, Sep 7, 2019.

1. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I've read on here a few times that certain old Pyrex has become valuable and is fetching silly money on eBay.

Well I got these in a clearance that I began today.
    Only small, turquoise in colour, they look like ramekins to me.

Are these the rare ones ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit; there is a glass one too.

20190907_164935.jpg
    20190907_164948.jpg

20190907_165006.jpg

20190907_165150.jpg

20190907_165202.jpg

20190907_165214.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I think more likely custard cups.

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Blue ones came in a little chrome stand for condiments. I've some like them. Don't think those are rare.

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

It's my understanding that the most valuable Pyrex pieces are the prototypes and some special edition/promotional stuff, not the "typical" kitchen pieces?
    I know complete sets of Cinderella (they have a pour spout on each side) mixing bowls in certain patterns are popular and bring decent $$. I have a set of "pink gooseberry" Cinderella bowls and I'm scared to use 'em!

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

7. daveydempsey

bluumz, Christmasjoy, judy and 2 others like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I am a total Pyrex ignoramus, but isn't it all glass?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. daveydempsey

That was clear glass, the 3 others don't look it but probably are.
    :rolleyes:
    I've never really got hold of Pyrex before, but the last 3 clearances there's been tons of it.

10. pearlsnblume

Yes AJ, but Pyrex folks are crazy about it. I have a friend who can not have enough of it. She is over the moon about it. And some pieces are very rare.

I am a glassie but more on the fire king, mckee, jeannette kind. And MCM barware.
    I still have some Pyrex to list so that I can gain back space in my kitchen cabinets.
    :p I don't even remember how long ago I bought the pieces to sell, maybe 10 years ago. The problem is weight always. Those bowls are heavy.
    LOL

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. pearlsnblume

Davey, they are all glass, but some are clear and some are white glass with other colors. The clear one you have, we have a similar one here in the states and my family used to use them for Jello pudding back in the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted