Featured Queen Anne No.1 Scoville burner finger oil lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Jan 3, 2019.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I haven't had much luck in finding any info on this Queen Anne No.1 Scoville burner finger oil lamp. Stands approximately 4 1/4" to top of collar. Patent Applied For embossed on the top of the font. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. FingerOilLamp9.JPG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The lamp is not by Queen Anne.
    Queen Anne was the maker of the burner. They fit most American lamps.

Need to check EAPG patterns for the lamp maker.
    @TallCakes

3. *crs*

Yes Pat. ;) That is what I said. Queen Anne No.1 Scoville burner. Maybe I should have said "on" finger oil lamp. didn't mean to confuse you.
    I thought it was EAPG but I haven't been able to find it. Thank you.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Nice pics CRS !!!!!

i need help, *crs*, judy and 4 others like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

does look like it could be from EAPG era; tho' lamps are very often not part of a pattern line making them more difficult to ID. didn't find a similar pattern with this oval and bead motif

i need help, *crs*, judy and 3 others like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Can not help cept to say stunning photos.

i need help, *crs*, judy and 3 others like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My Mom had some lovely goblets with that same pattern that she always called "101" which I know isn't the name of it.....just the configuration of the dots and ovals looking like '101'......wish I could remember it........AND yes, TERRIFIC images, @CRS!!!

i need help, *crs*, judy and 2 others like this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great find KikoBluEyes :) , dew drop and petal. here is a finger one from a 2016 listing
    I couldn't find the pattern in the Oil Lamps 2 by Thuro, it might in one her other books to confirm the pattern name.
    7a6fca9909c9b1396ae7d1e80ac79efc.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    i need help, *crs* and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

:joyful: I loved looking for it. I drooled at the beauties. I'm so glad you found one for him.

cxgirl, *crs* and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Aquitaine,
    I remember an old EAPG pattern called 101 due to the pattern. I'll try and look it up later.
    greg

*crs* likes this.
  12. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

found one listing mentioning: Identified in Thuro’s “Oil Lamps” book page 304 as “Teardrop And Petal” pattern.

KikoBlueEyes and *crs* like this.
  13. *crs*

WOW! No notification updates since the first one by Pat. Something told me I had better check this AM. Thank you all for the comments and the ID

Awesome find KikoBluEyes & cxgirl
    cxgirl, was there any info along with the finger oil lamp? I'm guessing late 1800's early 1900's. The manufacture may be unknown it seems.

I have Thuro's Oil Lamps II but didn't see it there. First place I had looked.

Carl

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  14. *crs*

After more research with the pattern name I did find the following info. It appears the manufacture is unknown or Ms. Thuro would have entered that info

" Dewdrop and Petal as illustrated in Catherine Thuro’s book, Oil Lamps the Kerosene Era, page 304, figure C. This lamp is circa 1910. "

Again, everyone's help is greatly appreciated.
    Looks like there was at least 3 different sizes
    [​IMG]

judy, LIbraryLady, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  15. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Note how the collar that the burner threads into is internal to the glass. That definitely dates it after 1910. I have probably 10 or so finger lamps with the dewdrop and petal motif. Some are older with external collars, and some are like the one you have. Finger hold is especially nice on yours. I have only one like that one. My guess is either United States Glass or Burlington Glass as the manufacturer.

16. *crs*

Thanks for the additional info Iowa Jayhawk

Carl

17. Iowa Jayhawk

You are most welcome. Lamps are one thing I am dangerous with. Been selling them off slowly, but still have 150 or so.

cxgirl, *crs* and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  18. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. You have 150 lamps? what are your favorites?

cxgirl likes this.
  19. Iowa Jayhawk

Here are a few of them.

Attached Files:

20. KikoBlueEyes

My aren't they just gorgeous. I love how the three distinct materials all contribute to the lamps' overall design. The evolution from the opaque base through the metal into the glass to the flickering light of the flame - quite the beautiful thing. Thanks for sharing these.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted