Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Query: Margaretha "Margaret" Anna Lucas "Lukacs"
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Northern Lights Lodge, post: 11798792, member: 13464"]Thanks Debora! I'll do that. I am doing some research on a Cooperative Farm that was in lower Michigan in the 1930-50's. I have a transcript that a former member had taped back in 1979. She mentioned this harrowing escape from the Nazi's of a man, Hans Lucas, from Austria...who came through the farm briefly in 1938?. She said it took him a couple years to get his wife and kids out. Soon after he arrived at the farm, she said that her husband, himself a MSU grad, took this man, "Hans" to MSU and they hired him on the spot. I was able to find out quite a lot about him. Cancer researcher...etc. BUT, his wife, was a "potter" and I'd just be so interested in seeing what her pottery looked like. She said that the wife, Margaret; didn't really adapt well to the US. Retaining her German and peasant way of dress. I like your idea to contact the local Lansing group... Great idea! Cheerio, Leslie[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Northern Lights Lodge, post: 11798792, member: 13464"]Thanks Debora! I'll do that. I am doing some research on a Cooperative Farm that was in lower Michigan in the 1930-50's. I have a transcript that a former member had taped back in 1979. She mentioned this harrowing escape from the Nazi's of a man, Hans Lucas, from Austria...who came through the farm briefly in 1938?. She said it took him a couple years to get his wife and kids out. Soon after he arrived at the farm, she said that her husband, himself a MSU grad, took this man, "Hans" to MSU and they hired him on the spot. I was able to find out quite a lot about him. Cancer researcher...etc. BUT, his wife, was a "potter" and I'd just be so interested in seeing what her pottery looked like. She said that the wife, Margaret; didn't really adapt well to the US. Retaining her German and peasant way of dress. I like your idea to contact the local Lansing group... Great idea! Cheerio, Leslie[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Query: Margaretha "Margaret" Anna Lucas "Lukacs"
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...