Radio identification

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Pierre, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Hi there, I have come across this radio from Stromberg Carlson. I cannot find it anywhere online nor can I find it on radio forums. Can an antique expert tell me what model this is and era? I am guessing the 1930s?

527F2E7D-D0EC-4314-823E-26C55AF2CEAE.jpeg

2. ALittleBit

ALittleBit ALittleBit

Hi Pierre, I did a quick google on 'Stromberg-Carlson' and found a couple of sites. One starts out with, ' In 1894, Alexander Graham Bell's patent for the telephone expired. Stromberg and Carlson, Chicago employees of the American Bell Telephone Company, each invested $500 to establish a firm to manufacture equipment (primarily subscriber sets) for sale to independent telephone companies.
    Stromberg-Carlson was originally located in Chicago, with Carlson managing manufacture and Stromberg responsible for marketing. Stromberg-Carlson quickly established a reputation for reliable equipment and stable prices. . . etc

Not sure how to put a link up here but here goes:
    http://www.thebakeliteradio.com/page51/page51.html

Yeaay! Hope it works. Otherwise cut and paste. Or just do the same search and you'll find them. Some sites put a hyphen between Stromberg and Carlson.

Your radio must be from the 1930s by the lines. Very smart. One of the sites I saw will probably give you the model number although it should be on the radio itself if the workings are in the case.

3. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Minimal value in any case

Let's see the guts

Joshua Brown likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted