Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Rare Unpublished Bettie Page 1950
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Vintage Maven, post: 941891, member: 11768"]From my collection:</p><p><br /></p><p>This was the second vintage original I ever purchased for my collection when I started it.</p><p><br /></p><p>This photo has a history and a neat background story, I’ll try to keep it the brief condensed version.</p><p><br /></p><p>Some years ago when I was transitioning my interest in obtaining rare vintage original photographs, this was one of those stories of being at the right place at the right time.....</p><p><br /></p><p>I was chatting with a fellow photographer friend about my interest in finding photos no one else has. I was put in touch with a friend he had in New York. We spoke a little of our own backgrounds, I guess you could say there was a mutual trust developed.</p><p><br /></p><p>Through that came the opportunity to buy this original unpublished Bettie Page. I eventually get introduced to yet another person of interest. The actual photographer of this photo (I will leave his name out, as per respect, he was an elderly man, but young when he took this photo).</p><p><br /></p><p>The photographer who took this, took this photo through what was then known as “The New York Camera Club”, the name used to skirt past the actual meaning of pinup photos of this genre, as they did not exactly blend into the morales of the era.</p><p><br /></p><p>*This photo was developed using the original negative by the photographer who took it. It was taken in New York during 1950. Bettie had moved to New York sometime during the late 1940’s, she began working as a secretary, then began modelling around late 1949, so this is one of her earlier photo sessions.</p><p><br /></p><p>So this is a unique original in my collection, and a most memorable story of how I obtained it. It’s incredible the situations I have found myself in, and still continue to do so lol.</p><p><br /></p><p>I still think about all that every time I pass by this photo that hangs on one of my walls.</p><p><br /></p><p>**I should have posted this in the photograph thread, I realized after I had it here, my sincere apologies to the discussion.</p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]203209[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Vintage Maven, post: 941891, member: 11768"]From my collection: This was the second vintage original I ever purchased for my collection when I started it. This photo has a history and a neat background story, I’ll try to keep it the brief condensed version. Some years ago when I was transitioning my interest in obtaining rare vintage original photographs, this was one of those stories of being at the right place at the right time..... I was chatting with a fellow photographer friend about my interest in finding photos no one else has. I was put in touch with a friend he had in New York. We spoke a little of our own backgrounds, I guess you could say there was a mutual trust developed. Through that came the opportunity to buy this original unpublished Bettie Page. I eventually get introduced to yet another person of interest. The actual photographer of this photo (I will leave his name out, as per respect, he was an elderly man, but young when he took this photo). The photographer who took this, took this photo through what was then known as “The New York Camera Club”, the name used to skirt past the actual meaning of pinup photos of this genre, as they did not exactly blend into the morales of the era. *This photo was developed using the original negative by the photographer who took it. It was taken in New York during 1950. Bettie had moved to New York sometime during the late 1940’s, she began working as a secretary, then began modelling around late 1949, so this is one of her earlier photo sessions. So this is a unique original in my collection, and a most memorable story of how I obtained it. It’s incredible the situations I have found myself in, and still continue to do so lol. I still think about all that every time I pass by this photo that hangs on one of my walls. **I should have posted this in the photograph thread, I realized after I had it here, my sincere apologies to the discussion. [ATTACH=full]203209[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Rare Unpublished Bettie Page 1950
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...