Featured REAL OR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by journeymagazine, Jun 21, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store today & when the guy told me $7 I grabbed it! I figure even if a reproduction it was worth more than the $75 - the wood frame is beautiful!

The bolts under the armrests look like it may be from the 60's? Another indication - the upholstery is in corduroy!

Once I got it home I looked everywhere for some ind o maker's mark, but the only thing I could sing was under the chrome"feet" - it was made in Canada.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help - 1st furniture piece I've gotten in a while; and I'm hoping I did alright.

AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY CHAIR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY CHAIR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER 1AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY CHAIR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY CHAIR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER 5AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY CHAIR REPRODUCTION EAMES LOUNGER 5A_AA.jpg

2. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

It's Plycraft. I've got one sitting in my living room right now.

3. journeymagazine

Really?!

judy likes this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Awesomeness!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think that may well be the original fabric.I hope it cleans up well,it'd be a shame to lose it. Great chair.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks VERY cool!!!!! AND Comfortable!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry:

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Wonderful bargain, and I agree with Aqui, very comfortable.

judy likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

I thought I recognized the 2 support arms on back for head rest, but never thought it was a real one! Never saw 1 with corduroy upholstery either; always leather
    Thanks - made my day!
    PS - Heck of a lucky week thrift store hunting - bought a Colnago EsaMexico bike that was in a row of old 10 speeds - it was so dirty it was selling for same $49 as others; I washed it & it sold in 4 hours on eBay for $750!
    Same day at different place I found a 1975 APHA Jr Champion belt buckle for $10 that sold for $200 on same day on eBay
    Yesterday bought a Leica german camera for $100 & accepted $250 last night
    And yesterday bought 2 Singer 221 sewing machines for $75 (both work but 1 is missing belt & 1 a power cord) - that I haven't posted yet!
    I am leaving soon to get back to thrift store 30 min before opening so I am #1 or 2 in line to hunt again today!
    Thank you all again for your help!

9. journeymagazine

10. journeymagazine

But here is one the thrift store got revenge! 2 weeks ago I saw this & thought it was a vintage Made in USA Fender Telecaster & bought it for $400 - turned out to be a Fender-stein mix of fake parts! I accepted the loss & sold it for $200
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY GUITAR FENDER THRIFT STORE FIND 1A_AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY GUITAR FENDER THRIFT STORE FIND 1A_BAB.jpg

11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Wow! Congrats on your windfall!

You worked for it and deserve it.

When you list your 221(s) list them as Singer Featherweights.

I haven't checked them out lately, but they were selling in the $200+ range. Do they have the original cases?

Of course condition means a lot too.

Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  12. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

What a great week JM. Wishing you continued good luck.

13. journeymagazine

Judy, no cases - but for $75 for the pair I didn't say anything! 1 is a 1937 & 1 is a 1957 by their serial number; but they have different front designs - otherwise they are exactly the same. They are they both 221's, right? (Sorry no more pics; camera ran out of space & I still have to download others on it before making more room.
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY SEWING MACHINE SINGER 221 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY SEWING MACHINE SINGER 221 3AAA.jpg

14. judy

judy Well-Known Member

They are 221's if they are marked such.

I have never sold one without a case so I don't know just how much that will hurt the selling price. I think parts are available, but missing parts do affect the price. Since you have one power plug, you can check them out to see if they work.

Also, if you want to oil them, do not use anything but Sewing Machine Oil.

James Conrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted