Featured Red Agate or Carnelian Carved Asian Figurine

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jana Pace, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Jana Pace

Jana Pace Member

Hi All.
    I have come across this little figurine. It is carved stone, which I believe is either a red agate or carnelian. From research I think it is one of the lucky gods - Benzaiten with lute. Im just having a hard time finding out how to list this thing, no sure of stone or age. It is nicely worked, and color is beautiful. Any help would be appreciated. red agate figure.jpeg red agate figure1.jpeg red agate figure3.jpeg red agate figure2.jpeg

2. Jana Pace

Jana Pace Member

measures about 4"

Aquitaine likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

First thought in my mind. She is really cute.

4. Jana Pace

Jana Pace Member

im just having a heck of a time figuring out how to list this thing.. going to put it on ebay,. I would put it on etsy but not sure of price yet... lol

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like it could be carnelian and would be almost impossible to date.

6. Jana Pace

Jana Pace Member

Thank you, I was leaning towards carnelian as well.
    I'm not thinking it is that old, but still cant seem to find anything similar. Mostly what you see are cheap looking animal figurines.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

THAT little section of what almost looks like dots on the bottom kind of looks like it could be an artist’s signature... can you get a CLEAR, SHARP, CLOSE-UP, possibly?? Your pictures are great, and she’s wonderful!!!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Find someone with a gem tester so you can be sure what the material is. Carnelian will test as quartz.

Aquitaine and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted