Featured Red Foil Glass Scent Atomiser

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KSW, Aug 25, 2023.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone could please help date this pretty bottle. I think it’s quite unusual as I haven’t found any others yet!

@Ownedbybear
    @bercrystal

Is it possible to date it from the spray attachment?
    Could it be Murano? The base is clear, the red glass has a slight orange hue to it.The foil/glitter is within the glass.
    Many thanks for any help :)
    IMG_1555.jpeg IMG_1556.jpeg IMG_1557.jpeg IMG_1558.jpeg IMG_1559.jpeg IMG_1560.jpeg IMG_1561.jpeg

stracci, judy, Any Jewelry and 8 others like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I could not find this exact shape but if I had to make a SWAG on the hardware would be c.1913 (those metal draw tubes are usually early 1900s) & made by Marcel Franke. The bottle could also be French but I would think Bohemian would be a very good possiblity.

stracci, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Looks like actual gold flecks embedded in the glass.

pearlsnblume, KSW and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Or perhaps pyrite?

5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou! Unsurprisingly my uneducated WAG was way out by about 50 years….! I suspected the metal work would hold some clues.
    I appreciate you having a look for it, I will look up Marcel Franke.
    It’s more silvery than gold but I’ll look closer in good light.

Could be. I didn’t know pyrite was used in glass!
    Thankyou.

antidiem, Bronwen, judy and 2 others like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I’m with early twentieth and bohemian. That’s where so many were made and imported from. Lovely thing.

antidiem, bercrystal, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@KSW - You might have better luck if I spelled the name correctly. :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::bag::bag::bag:

It is Marcel Franck. :happy::kiss:

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’d already found about 3 different spellings and all roads seem to lead to Rome so no worries! That does clear up which one is correct though!
    Thankyou x

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted