Redfield Counter/Bar

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by BigGameJames, Mar 13, 2017.

1. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

I have a Vintage 1949 Redfield Bastion Blessing counter/bar. Does anyone know anything about them? Any info is appreciated Redfield.jpg bar.jpg
    logo.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

cxgirl likes this.
  4. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Thanks, and yes I called the retroplanet but they don't price things and didn't know much about them.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

All I can say is, it is really cool.

Jivvy likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not sure what more information you would need. It is all pretty much documented right there. Commercial counter made for various purposes by a well known quality maker.

7. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Wondering how much it is worth....

8. verybrad

It is worth what you can get a buyer to pay for it. I could see this being a few thousand dollars from a big city salvage/commercial fixture dealer. I could also see this selling for virtually nothing at a Midwest rural Podunk auction due to size. Realistic value is probably somewhere in between these figures. It really depends on where you are and how you plan to sell.

judy likes this.
  9. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Thanks! Just unchartered territory. It was left in the house we are moving into. This is all new to me.

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

why not keep it then and build a room around it.....it'll sure be a conversation starter....and a place to entertain your buds !!!

judy likes this.
  11. verybrad

Are you wanting to sell? If so, tell us where you are and maybe we could give better guidelines than the broad range I gave above.

12. clutteredcloset49

Live with it for a year before you decide to sell. It might grow on you. It has WOW factor.

Bakersgma likes this.
  13. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Just exploring options, but selling is definitely on my mind. I am in central Virginia. The house we are buying needs a lot of work, so it may be a good financial back up plan.

14. verybrad

Would think that something like Craigslist would be an option for you. Depending on how far from DC, you might be able to sell to a salvage dealer there for decent money. It is the kind of think I would attempt to sell in the $1000.00 range but be willing to negotiate. Your options might be better than mine. Ebay, pick up only might also be an option at a higher BIN price if willing to sit on it for awhile.

15. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Shared pictures and talked with American Soda Fountain Inc. and they said the Redfield counter was worth $5,000-$7,500 and maybe more!!

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  16. komokwa

OK...good !!!....but to whom ?
    ya gotta find the right buyer.....with a big van !

judy likes this.
  17. BigGameJames

BigGameJames New Member

Restaurants, Georgia or Atlanta Falcon football fans (red and black) with money to spend, or soda fountain collectors should be interested. Guy said the beauty of them is they come apart and go back together easy which makes moving them much simpler.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  18. komokwa

that makes sense......good luck !!

19. Brenda Murnane

Brenda Murnane New Member

20. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

This member was last on the site Mar. 16, 2017, but you might get a response.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted