Featured Reeded Glass Tumblers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Aug 15, 2021.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I don't know if these are just junk or something more. The tumblers are approximately 5" tall with some variation to the height and top diameter. Tops rims are ground and polished. The glass has a diamond pattern and then reeding on top. The bases are thick and as you can see in the photos of the bottoms, there's variation to the centers. The clear center of the bottoms are also slightly dimpled/depressed, some being deeper than others.

All help appreciated!
    Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tanya, KSW, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

My knee-jerk reaction was Steuben glass. But I have looked and looked and can't find any Steuben tumblers in this shape.

That is the most precise reeding I have ever seen (and of course I definitely have not seen it all).

Have searched all kinds of combinations using keywords reeded, reeding, threaded, optic, diamond optic, etc., etc...

I'm going to ping @TallCakes and @Cherryhill .

Tanya likes this.
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thanks, Laura! Definitely not Steuben or Fry. If they weren't made last week in Mexico, my WAG would be 19th century. I'm basing that on the tavern shape and the blobby bottom.

Tanya and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Just what I was thinking! If these aren't some unusual modern design my guess would be late 19C. Curious what some of the glass friends will say!

Following. :)

ascot and LauraGarnet02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted