Featured Rejuvenation has antique/vintage furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Sedona, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

I know Rejuvenation has offered vintage and antique lighting for sale for some time, but I noticed that they now offer many more kinds of antiques, including furniture. I was wondering how their prices are. In chairs, for example, they have everything from 1850s Windsor chairs to MCM chairs.

I hope this is a good sign that younger people are looking at quality vintage pieces for their homes rather than new products. It still amazes me that new factory made armchairs can be more expensive than well-made vintage.

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Sedona,
    It has been like that for years. When Altmans was still open in NYC, I went to buy a dresser. The new ones were 3 thousand dollars. The salesman asked me to look at the antique ones. I found a beautiful one done in the 1830s for 2 thousand. The salesman said if I bought the new one in 5 years it would be worth 200 hundred dollars. If I bought the antique one in 5 years it would be worth 5 thousand. He was right I sold it 7 years later for 8 thousand. I have never bought anything new since except for stuff like TVs, refrigerators and
    microwaves etc. All of my furniture is old and never wears out. Although with the economy the way it is some of my furniture is not worth anything but Ikea is garbage and costs a lot more.
    greg

3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I
    Kan't
    Even
    A-magine...
    ~
    :wideyed::eek::woot::rolleyes:

4. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Great anecdote.

5. KingofThings

:)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Hey, Ikea is great for young couples just starting out. Buy the basic stuff from there, add in the few antiques your mother is willing to part with and swap out your starter junk for nicer pieces as your economy goes up. Don't knock it.

7. KingofThings

You mean IKEA pet? ;)
    I do buy things from there but not furniture and I love to have lunch too! :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted