Return to Tiffany Selling as lot or separate?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by 916Bulldogs123, Sep 4, 2022.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

The 15" choker is in excellent condition. Tiffany repaired the lobster clasp about a year ago.
    The key ring has a lot of scrapes and nicks, But it was free so i'm not complaining
    I was thinking of listing these together and would like to get opinions.
    Mikey
    weee 2062.jpg weee 2070.jpg weee 2067.jpg

Lucille.b likes this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If you are selling and have any written documentation (like a receipt) still laying around about Tiffany replacing the clasp on the choker, I would definitely include that in the auction. Will give buyers confidence it's the real deal.

As far as the key ring with "scrapes and nicks", I can think of a couple reasons not to list that with the necklace. If you don't have confirmation from Tiffany that it's the real deal, it sort of cheapens the other item maybe in the eyes of buyers unless you have a way to positively confirm authenticity for the key ring. It's just there are so many fakes.

If you get the OK from Tiffany on the key ring, I might still list separately. I don't tend to list damaged things and pristine things together as a rule.

Maybe others will have thoughts.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think they'd realize more separately than they would together.

Debora

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

reader, Debora and Lucille.b like this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

There is a Tiffany FB group. They are an ‘interesting’ community but may be able to help with information and value?

reader likes this.
  6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Agree to list separately and send the keyring into Tiffany for polishing. They won’t polish counterfeits and you’ll have the receipt for a polished piece for authentication. I have not heard of Tiffany confiscating counterfeits but even if that happens you’re talking about nothingness on scrap value and respectfully, IMO it should be destroyed if fake.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Thank you all very much. Listing separate sounds like a better idea now.
    There is a Tiffany store 20 minutes from my house and they do cleaning on location. or can drop off there for repairs to be sent out.

bercrystal, KSW, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted