RL Dresden Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Oct 10, 2020.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Not having much luck with any specifics on this mark. These were originally sold through Jaccard's in Kansas City. Is this "The" Dresden?

ram1.JPG ram2.JPG ram3.JPG ram5.JPG ram6.JPG

2. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

very nice set but not genunie dresden. in 18th century Dresden used a reversed RK under crown mark but this is not that mark.
    some people on the net says this marks could be used by Charles Ahrenfeldt; but i have my doubts.
    although he copied dresden he used a different mark. moreover your cups and saucers cannot date from the 19th century IMO; for that the gilding is to shiny and to pristine.

I think these are very attractive copies or 19th century cups and saucers.

3. kraftblue

Thanks for all that info Rec. Some of the RL Dresden on Ebay seems to do ok.

Rec likes this.
  4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

It's a lovely set and your photographs are wonderful.

Jaccard's opened in Kansas City in 1888. The company's name changed in 1905 after a merger that occured in 1901, so it's pretty easy to nail down the "when". However, the "who" could be a little more difficult.

blooey likes this.
  5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

They are really pretty !!!! :happy:

6. kraftblue

Sass, thanks! I did see a picture of the inside while googling... about 1888.

Draft saved Draft deleted