Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Roll wood over or boat motor frame not sure what it is
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 615997, member: 54"]Note the four “bolt” holes are roughly square, probably for carriage bolts with square under the head, to prevent rotation while installing nut. Maybe op will check the bronze-looking body of this with a magnet. Bronze may suggest a marine application. That piece appears cast, in any case, looking at the loops on the end. I’m up dark-early ‘cause I’m picking up a hydraulic drop-bed trailer, going 90 min. South, to collect a 6500-lb.Caterpillar electric order-picker. Did same thing last week but it wouldn’t run, so left it there for Cat people to fix. It WILL run today so I can drive it onto the trailer![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="springfld.arsenal, post: 615997, member: 54"]Note the four “bolt” holes are roughly square, probably for carriage bolts with square under the head, to prevent rotation while installing nut. Maybe op will check the bronze-looking body of this with a magnet. Bronze may suggest a marine application. That piece appears cast, in any case, looking at the loops on the end. I’m up dark-early ‘cause I’m picking up a hydraulic drop-bed trailer, going 90 min. South, to collect a 6500-lb.Caterpillar electric order-picker. Did same thing last week but it wouldn’t run, so left it there for Cat people to fix. It WILL run today so I can drive it onto the trailer![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tools
>
Roll wood over or boat motor frame not sure what it is
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...