Featured roman coin?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by m3ltdown, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

2. Bronwen

3. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Hello,

I added some more photos of the other side,

i hope this will help us decide what type it is and where its from and its value.

Screenshot_2018-10-13-13-31-47.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-13-13-05-48 1.jpg

4. Bronwen

It's Mat who knows this stuff, I'm just poking around. You still have the best view. Can you see the outline of a head in profile on this second side?

I've been trying to spot a reverse that would leave that bit that looks like a crescent moon on a very worn coin.

5. Bronwen

The reverse:

upload_2018-10-13_9-27-20.png

6. Bronwen

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

In my opinion a single average excavated Roman follis is not really worth listing. The value of common pieces in poor condition means they are usually sold in lots of 10 or more.

Bronwen likes this.
  8. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

The reserve side looks like some type of helmet, or shield or even love heart,

so what's the value? i think i will just put it on ebay and i think it will make £2-£3

its all educational and learning.

Can you also tell me the value of the following coins in much better condition sorry to go off subject.

2001 five cent - in god we trust liberty - E Pluribus unum
    silver 50cent France - 1915
    1894 10 cent italy umberto 1

9. Bronwen

Only for the first one: five cents.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  10. Sparky

Sparky Member

If I had any kids - probably not. That said, my parents allowed me to take a Greyhound bus from Seattle to New London, CT when I was 18 so I could see my high school friends graduate (and crash their prom haha!). That was 1992 though, and I was - shall we say - "independently minded". :)

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

In the first picture here you can clealy see the ear and the outlines of the emperor's head. However without any name being visible it is imposssible to say which one it is, they all look about the same at that time. The value of this coin in this condition is indeed next to nothing, but it is a nice piece of history.

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  12. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Thank you, this is the fun of it all,

i haven't lost anything, anyways thank you all i will put it on ebay and let you know what it makes.

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted