Featured Room Tour Anyone?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ghopper1924, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

The stained glass is amazing, and the tools against the white walls look great!

...and the chairs too!

cxgirl, Any Jewelry, Bronwen and 6 others like this.
  2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about! That whole early 20s atmosphere is super cool. Love the Craftsman chair especially!!!

3. Ghopper1924

@Roaring20s ,Where did the crock with the five-pointed star come from? Also liking the bookcase/tchotchke case, stained glass windows (Tiffany inspired?), Maxfield Parrish, and....and....and....

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Very nice Morris chair Roaring20s. I also like the bent wood and rattan chair. Do you know who made it? That's a nice custom cushion for it too.

I love the lizard on the wall. Nice touch.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'd have to see a photo of just the fan, but right now it looks European.
    Maybe you would like to start a separate thread for the fan?:)

6. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Yes, if it's from the 1890s - 1930s it grabs me.

Just a yard sale crock when I lived on Long Island, NY. I don't anything about it. I love Maxfield Parrish images as you can tell. The pictorial glass is after the Pre-Raphaelite artist Frederic Leighton, maker unknown.
    https://victorianweb.org/painting/leighton/paintings/19.html

The Morris chair is my man-chair. It has a spring-filled seat cushion from a donor chair and a foam filled back-rest, all covered in tapestry. Unknown maker. The bentwood chair is oak, part of a suite of two arm chairs, couch and side chair. They are Heywood Wakefield. The worn banana leaf fabric is under the worn slip covers. ;) Time marches on.

Thanks for the likes.
    James.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    judy, lovewrens, ulilwitch and 4 others like this.
  7. Potteryplease

I'll share some. The Kimball piano is from 1905. Pottery on top includes Margaret Tafoya, Blue Corn, Sandra Chaparro and the white Hopi one is Delores Namoki.

F88FDBB2-140A-4F22-9B6F-91D641D49D38.jpeg

This green piece is Chinese. That's about all I know about it. It's not old. These San Ildefonso pots are by Petronella Martinez, Lucy Martinez, Desideria Montoya and the largest one is by one of the three women who signed as Juanita. That's a mystery, if you're not familiar. The lone Santa Clara piece is by Madeline Naranjo.

E854EC9C-89B0-40A9-8CEE-619475234590.jpeg

8. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Lovely collections!

9. Roaring20s

Very tasteful arrangements for both Ghopper1924 and you.

Nice oak grain and leafy panels on the piano.

I like the Art Nouveau tiles and dragon fly vase! I'm a transplant from NY to the desert. We have a few native american arts mixed in, but no more that other cultures.

pearlsnblume, ulilwitch, judy and 6 others like this.
  10. Roaring20s

Generic_Lad, also very nice collection. My wife used to have the same sarcophagus. Nice to see it again.

pearlsnblume, ulilwitch, judy and 3 others like this.
  11. Ghopper1924

That piano is a work of art! I know nothing of all of your pottery, but it's obvious that you do. Very cool, and so tasteful. Love it!!

NewEngland, ulilwitch, Tanya and 3 others like this.
  12. Rabid Collector

Rabid Collector Well-Known Member

6E81D350-28B0-44A6-9928-97BF01B0DA8E.jpeg 521A8BD1-70A4-4AF9-B975-FCCAE3F59DCB.jpeg 5D82D459-6B04-4FD2-8BDC-2BFD0C2AC164.jpeg E05D2512-D27F-4D35-827B-221AB19D00B2.jpeg Hi all. Welcome to my study. The first photo is mostly old books including a strand magazine of the first Sherlock Holmes story. The second is a series of fossils my son and I have collected over the years. The third includes an Edwardian barley twist grandmother clock and three displays cases of fossils. The third houses my collection of WW1 and WW1 memorabilia. The forth shows my display cabinet of Indian antiques and general curios. Sorry. I uploaded them in order but they don’t seem to be in the order I uploaded :).

13. Ghopper1924

Awesome study! Fascinating interests. I'd have to say that my No. 1 fave is that right-hand display cabinet in the photo of the 3 cabinets. Elegant!!

14. Roaring20s

A great space.

Love the photo of the soldier receiving a haircut.

I once had an artillery shell that size. It was a lamp with a doughboy helmet shade. Along the copper band was inscribed, "they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more". They were sold as a Victory Lamps.

What is the slant front box in front of the fireplace?

Also, I can't quite read the writing on the wall ... I'm doomed. :nailbiting:

15. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

That caught my eye too. And the framed medals.

16. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The tiles from PotteryPlease are awesome!

17. Potteryplease

So much beautiful wood in that space, Rabid Collector!

18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Amazing piano @Potteryplease . I especially love the NA pottery, great collection, and the San Ildefonso pieces are displayed perfectly.

19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

PotteryPlease that piano is stunning!!

20. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I like Godzilla on the table.

Draft saved Draft deleted