Featured Rosenthal vase - Eurozone era?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Jun 9, 2023.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find this exact one, but found similar without pointers to exact age. From the Modulation line, Tapio Wirkkala designer (from Finland). Am I right that a Finnish designer on a Bavarian vase = Eurozone era, or could it be older?

DSCF9469.JPG DSCF9464.JPG DSCF9464 (1).JPG

Figtree3, judy, Rclinftl and 3 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Wirkkala was designing for them in the sixties, I can’t recall the exact date. This is sixties, from memory.

Figtree3, judy and Rclinftl like this.
  3. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

best to describe it as mid century modern

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Did you look on the Rosenthal home page? IIRC there was a tab for history. The studio linie (studio line) had famous designers design some pieces for this line of wares -- porcelain and pottery. Started in the 60s but I had a piece or two from the 80s and I don't know if they've finished the studio line or not. IMHO, this one looks more 70s thank 60s. You can date it from the dash and 3 dots by "Rosenthal" on the mark.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Just found it, thanks. My mark oddly isn't there but they do say the designer went to work there in the 50s. I think Bear's 60s guess is probably dead on. The Replacements site has a few pieces of this pattern in the same colorway, but not much. That gives a clue to it being older, but they don't say how old.

Figtree3, judy and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted