Roseville Teapot?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TomasDelSol, Feb 20, 2019.

1. TomasDelSol

TomasDelSol New Member

I picked this up at a rummage sale on the cheap. I can't find a reference for the number (971-c) or the item anywhere? Is this Roseville?

Thanks!
    Tom

Roseville05.JPG
    Roseville02.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
    Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Looks like a reproduction to me. Sloppy glazing on the floral elements is a big tip off.

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Lots of repros out there......I also believe this is one of them.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

My Roseville book says mark:"Roseville U.S.A., Mock Orange in relief, or gold and green foil label. It doesn't show the mark or any examples in white.

From the link above-
    "Mock Orange is a late period line introduced by Roseville Pottery around 1950. Standard colors include green, pink and yellow. Many of the shapes are Mid-Century Modern. The factory stock pages show 42 different shapes, including baskets, vases, bowls, jardinières, planters, window boxes, candlesticks, cornucopias, ewers, etc. Mock Orange is marked with the raised Roseville USA script mark and shape number. Many pieces also have a Mock Orange mark."

Sorry don't know anything about it personally.

6. TomasDelSol

TomasDelSol New Member

Ok, I appreciate the feedback! While it's clearly not good news I would rather know what it is I actually have. Which appears to be a fake. I'm glad I got it on the cheap!

Thanks again for all the help....
    Tom

komokwa and Lucille.b like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Tom - occasionally these late pattern pieces appear in non-Roseville glazes. I think the Roseville molds were sold after Roseville closed and someone else continued production. Unfortunately, I don't know who that was.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted