Royal Brierley Crystal ed. 500 Goblets Queen, Charles & Diana

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ZeeFinds, Aug 11, 2021.

1. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

I am selling one each of the Royal Brierley Cut Crystal Goblet type glasses to commemorate the 1977 Silver Jubilee for Queen Elizabeth and the matching one from 1981 for the Charles and Diana wedding. They are both numbered editions of 500.

Anybody have a Worthpoint subscription that can share the prices from these links?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/charles-diana-royal-brierley-crystal-478817500

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/royal-brierley-mappin-webb-ltd-ed-244557354

Thank you for the info!

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 3.10.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 3.10.40 PM.png

judy likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

r u selling them here?

or was that just general info...

judy likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they're that much, tbh.

judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

@Kronos Thank you for those results. A little low, but those are USA sales.
    @komokwa They're both for sale (and the only ones) on eBay at $60 opening bid for each.
    @Ownedbybear I know they have sold for a lot more in the UK. I found an old completed listed for £125 and a current one for £85. These are not surprising figures considering the items and markets. The goblets are superb quality, heavy, beautiful. It's a fair price for a /500 item.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'mm surprised it's as high as that, I can hardly give stuff like that away.

8. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

True, it's a very niche market for the states especially. Royal Family items are not my cup of tea. I set the shipping to global on the listings to expand the audience.

I figure somebody out there is going to love them but I'm not always right about that?

The glasses alone weigh 1 pound each. 6.75 tall x 4 inches.

9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

10. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

No, @Figtree3 , I had not seen that exact one. Thanks for sharing.

I was aware there are other companies producing limited runs of collectibles for the two occasions. My opinion of the goblet link you shared (1k edition) tells me that my ask of $60 is about right given there's half as many and I think the one I'm selling is a more attractive design.

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I am an American (with a British mother) who collects British royalty stuff but I’m generally not interested in anything newer than QE2’s coronation.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted