Featured Royal Crown Derby help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nicola Trofanice, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Hi I need some help with this piece I know that it's royal crown derby with a year stamp of 1888 going by the bottom stamp but I can't find any info on the initials and letters or even what this pot is or was used for any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Nicci 20220112_200703.jpg 1642018442753.jpg 1642018396354.jpg 1642018361496.jpg

komokwa, dude and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

Hi Nicola

The number is a Shape and Pattern nnumber. The H.C initals. I am not sure. I have found this it might help

download - 2022-01-12T221639.744.png

komokwa, Nicola Trofanice and dude like this.
  3. Francisco G Kempton

Shape Numbers 1000-1987
    royal-crown-derby-shape-1375-pattern-9956.jpg
    Shape 1375, pattern number 9956

The shape and pattern numbers were often painted in red enamel on the base of a piece which has made it possible to compile this page. Not all are as clear as the example given above. Sometimes the pattern number is placed under the shape number. If the painted number is greater than 1987, it has to relate to the pattern, and not the shape number.

https://peter-jones-is3w.squarespace.com/shape-numbers-10002000

komokwa, Nicola Trofanice and dude like this.

4. Thank you so much we got a reply from royal crown derby too I've attached the message sent to us

Attached Files:

Francisco G Kempton and komokwa like this.

5. Thank you so much we got a reply from royal crown derby too I've attached the message sent to us

Attached Files:

Francisco G Kempton likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I was definitely not expecting them to call it a vase with a cover.

Francisco G Kempton likes this.
  7. Francisco G Kempton

I think their records do not go back into the 19th century for shapes. So they class items like this as fancy items. They mentioned the pattern as blush it does look like a form and style of blush ivory. Perhaps a RCD victorian blush (ivory) fancy item.

8. Francisco G Kempton

Thank you Nicola.
    It was very interesting and I learned lots from this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted